Disclaimer:

All material on this website is provided for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction and should not take the place of health care or services you may need. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this information; instead, readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day of Remembrance

As I've been watching the coverage of all the 9/11 remembrances, I decided that I'd like to do a special tribute to all the brave men and women who lost their lives on 9/11 while trying to rescue people. First responders rush in when everyone else rushes out. I know some people whose loved ones were affected in one way or another by what happened on that day in New York City, so this is my tribute to them.


The Firefighter's Prayer
When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.
And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;
Please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.

Total number killed in attacks (official figure as of 9/5/02): 2,819
Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343
Number of NYPD officers: 23
Number of Port Authority police officers: 37

Thank you to all the brave men and women who are first responders and who rush in when others rush out. Thank you!








No comments:

Post a Comment